Pure Heat Shrimp n Grits
If you love Sunday brunch then this is the recipe for you! A combination of veggies, savory seasonings, juicy shrimp and a tasty Pure Heat sauce topping some good ol' fashion grits....🔥🔥!!!!! Is your mouth watering yet? Check out the recipe below!
- STL Pure Heat Garlic Heat Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Cajun, parsley, & any other desired seasonings you normally use
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shrimp (cooked or raw)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional if you want cheese grits)
- Grits for 1 serving (5-minute grits to cut down cooking time)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Coat medium skillet lightly with oil or cooking spray and set to medium heat. Add chopped veggies, seasonings, sauces, and butter/margarine. If shrimp is raw then add right away with the veggies to assure it cooks through completely. Otherwise, if cooked shrimp then let veggies cook for a couple of minutes before adding (you don't want the shrimp to overcook). For the Pure Heat sauce, use desired amount based on taste and how watery or thick you want your topping mixture. Stir mixture occassionally, turn heat down to medium low, and add more sauce as needed. Total cooking time for this mixture should be 6-8 minutes (depending on cooked vs. raw shrimp).
Cook grits per the instructions and add a little cheese if desired for cheesy grits. Pour into dish and top off with the shrimp mixture.
Pair with a tasty brunch drink and enjoy!