Pure Heat Potato Hash
Like we say...Pure Heat gourmet sauces can be used on just about ANYTHING! Whether it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, a snack, and in this case BRUNCH! Check out this mouth-watering, oh-so-appetizing recipe below. And just know that Garlic Heat sauce soaks really well into the potatoes to take this recipe up a notch over any other potato hash you've EVER HAD!!
- STL Pure Heat Garlic Heat Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green or sweet bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped kale or spinach (optional)
- 1-2 eggs or equivalent egg whites
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of diced potatoes (frozen for faster preparation)
- 2-3 sausage patties, chopped (cook ahead for faster preparation)
- salt and pepper or your fave seasonings
Coat medium skillet lightly with oil or cooking spray and set to medium heat. Add veggies, seasonings, and cook until veggies have softened. If sausage is uncooked then add right away with the veggies to assure it cooks through thoroughly. Otherwise, if cooked sausage then let veggies cook for a couple of minutes then stir in chopped sausage. For the Pure Heat sauce, start with about 1/8 cup to mix in then use additional desired amount based on taste and how saucy you prefer. Turn heat down to medium low and add oil or water to skillet as needed to keep mixture from sticking. Mix in cheese last. Total cooking time for this mixture should be 4-6 minutes (depending on cooked vs. uncooked sausage).
This dish is also great for meal prep...just increase the ingredient amounts to make a larger serving for leftovers!
Pair this dish with your fave brunch drink and enjoy!